Marine AC 70
View full product details
A surface tolerant, two part tar free epoxy anticorrosive primer. Epoxy anticorrosive coating (70% solids) for use on the entire vessel: Underwater, topside, deck, house, water ballast tank, cofferdam, voids, cargo holds and internal spaces.
SAFETY INFORMATION REQUEST FORM FAQ
- Intended Use: Epoxy anticorrosive coating for use on the entire vessel: Underwater, topside, deck, house, water ballast tank, cofferdam, voids, cargo holds and internal spaces.
- Product Info: Color Various Finish / sheen Matt Curing agent Standard cure (Low Temp cure) Volume solids 70.6% ±2% with standard cure (67% with Low Temp cure) Mix ratio 4:1 (4 parts base to 1 part curing agent) Typical film thickness 5.0 – 7.0 mils DFT Theo coverage 226 square feet per gallon @ 5 mils DFT (standard cure) Flash point > 100 degree F Induction time 30 minutes
- Dry Times Standard Cure Low Temp Cure 40F 50F 75F 90F 25F 40F 50F 75F 90F Touch dry 26 hr 22 hr 10 hr 4 hr 24 hr 12 hr 7 hr 3 hr n/a Hard dry 40 hr 30 hr 12 hr 7 hr 100 hr 18 hr 16 hr 8 hr n/a Pot life 7 hr 6 hr 5 hr 3 hr 14 hr 5 hr 4 hr 3 hr n/a Overcoating Time Standard Cure Low Temp Cure 40F 50F 75F 90F 25F 40F 50F 75F 90F Marine AC 70 Min 24 hr 18 hr 8 hr 4 hr 48 hr 12 hr 10 hr 6 hr n/a Marine AC 70 Max 30 days 30 days 30 days 30 days 30 days 30 days 30 days 30 days n/a Note: Antifoulings and finishes must be applied over MARINE AC 70 when tacky. Do not allow anticorrosive to dry hard. Regulatory Data:
- VOC 247 grams /liter or 180 grams / kg (low temp = 273 grams /liter or 198 grams / kg)
- Surface Preparation: Surface must be clean, dry and free of all contamination. High pressure fresh water wash to remove all soluble contaminants and foreign matter. Clean any oil or grease in accordance with SSPC-SP1 Solvent Cleaning. Newbuilds: Blast all shop primers to SSPC-SP10 Near White Blast (Sa2½). Remove weld spatter. Grind weld seams. Round all sharp edges. Blast all damaged areas and weld seams to SSPC-SP10 Near White Blast (Sa2½). Major refurbishment: Near White Metal Blast SSPC-SP10 Near White Blast (Sa2½) is recommended. Commercial Blast SSPC-SP6 (Sa2) is acceptable in many areas, consult Blue Water for recommendations. If oxidation has occurs between blasting and painting, reblasting is required. Maintenance and Repair: High pressure water wash using 3000 psi minimum to remove all contamination. Commercial Blast SSPC-SP6 (Sa2) bare steel or damaged areas. Repair any defect revealed after the blast. If oxidation has occurs between blasting and painting, reblasting is required.
- Application Data: Application: Apply 7.1 mils wet to yield 5 mils dry film thickness. Mixing: Two part product must be mixed before application. Power mix each part before mixing together. Always mix full containers to insure proper mix ratio. Strain ma- terial with a 60 mesh screen. Use within potlife. Thinning: Paint is supplied at spray viscosity. If thinning is necessary, add 5% of thinner by volume. Use THINNER 973 for external applications and THINNER 976 for in- ternal applications
- Airless Spray: Airless spray is recommended. • Pump size is 30:1 or greater • Tip size is 19 - 27 thou. • Output fluid pressure at spray tip 3000 psi • Hose size is 3/8" ID • Filter is 60 mesh • Use water separator in line • Conventional Spray: Conventional spray is not recommended.
- Brush: Brush use is recommended for small areas only. Multiple coats may be required to achieve specified film thickness.
- Roller: Roller use is recommended for small areas only. Multiple coats may be required to achieve specified film thickness. Use 3/8" medium nap roller cover.
- Cleaner: THINNER 973 Cleanup: Flush all equipment with THINNER 973. Filter material prior to use. Flush spray equipment during heavy use. Do not exceed potlife of paint. Dispose of paint cans in accordance with local regulations. Do not re-seal containers of mixed paint. Close lid thoroughly for storage.